Few days ago I was having a chat with a pleasant group of mums at my daughter’s school in central London, when one of them talked about fashion and said that she never dresses fashionable because she thinks she has no shape for it.
I have personally found this to be super harsh on her!
Knowing that she is pretty and in very good shape, and can afford what she needs and wants.
As a personal fashion stylist, I get very close to my clients and share some very personal things with them, about how they feel, how they see themselves and so on. This is the reason why I end up being friends with most of them.
As a woman I am a big fan of women in general, and have always admired them through time.
I am super supportive of women in their different shapes, skin colours and different cultures.
For me being fashionable is something everybody can be if they want to, and your body shape is certainly not a barrier.
Here are few tips I would like to share with you if you really like fashion and don’t dare to dress up for whatever reason:
1) Make sure you know the colours that suit you best. This is a fundamental base of your wardrobe. ( you can have a colour analysis with a fashion stylist).
2) Know your body shape and always try to buy the cuts that look flattering on you. Everybody’s shape is different and the fashion markets have many choices today.
3) The leather jacket is your best friend.
4) Own a channel piece. it’s the most iconic fashion label.
5) Never give up on your sunglasses.
6) Add a hat on, it adds style and create a well-defined look.
7) Own a big brand handbag. If it is a cross-body bag, pull it in the front.
8) Make a statement with designer shoes.
9) Choose the perfect accessories. Details are key in fashion.
10) Mix textures, don’t get afraid and try something different
Most of all, love yourself and be your best friend, add more lipstick and hit the street.